Sunday, November 15, 2009

Way Way..No Way!!!

Just ask a friend about what should I write today, it took her about 15 minutes before she gave me a topic
 "How to get rich?". Also she provided me with 2 steps, first, "resigned in the **** company. Second, find another job then start a business.

I don't blame her because for bread winners like us, additional income and high compensation or great benefit  policy not only for the employees but  also for our family is necessary. For an IT company, I can say that we have the smallest salary and has very slow growth. Some says that we are lucky to have jobs and I do not disagree with respect to the current economic situation of the country. But the current promotion policy promotes slow (very) self-growth and career-growth. It is a great source of demotivation for most of the employees especially for those who should have proven themselves to be technically good and feels that they deserve a promotion. But, before it happen they should stand out among the rest. How? as I was informed by another colleague in order to stand out, we should pass a language exam, when I say language it means English, Filipino, Japanese, French, etc. I asked her that does that mean that even if  I have 10 projects , I will not still be promoted if I don't pass this language exam? She said, Yes. Again, the reason is it is our job to be good in programming or bug fixes so having many projects does not make you stand out.

Moreover, the company aims to give the clients delight, happiness and satisfaction but how about the happiness and satisfaction of their employees? It is ok to achieve the clients needs even if it causes employee demotivation and dissatisfaction? There are company that is proven to be successful and gives client satisfaction because their employees are happy. With our type of, management, no wonder turnover is high this year. Right now, the following questions are yet to be answered.

1. What is more important, good technical skills or language skills?
2. Is it ok to have the senior staff resigned or hire and train new employees?

Plans of my resignation is already in motion, resumes has been updated and sent to online job finders. I just wish that I could do this in until January 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment